The IFHTSE authority is its Governing Council, required to meet annually. For practical reasons, these annual Assemblies of the Governing Council are timed to coincide with a Congress or other appropriate conference. This arrangement also has the useful consequence of ensuring a reasonable geographical distribution.
Composition of a Governing Council Assembly
- President (is Chairman of the Assembly of the Governing Council)
- Representatives of member bodies
- Members of the Executive Committee
- Specialist Group Leaders
- Votes are held by all member organisations
- Votes may be cast by their representatives at any given Assembly of the Governing Council provided the annual subscription of the member is up to date (or as otherwise authorised by the Treasurer)